hi there 👋
I’m Cameron McCool.
First things first: isn’t that the most ridiculous surname ever?
I’ve had a couple of job interviews that started with “Well we love your made up name.”
Just to confirm: it’s real. I swear.
Now that that’s out of the way, I’m guessing you’re here to learn a little more about me.
In a nutshell:
I earn my living as a freelance SaaS copywriter. And I dedicate the rest of my time to personal creative projects.
In bullet points:
- I am growing my SaaS copywriting business Damn Good Writers. (Thank you for sending any leads my way!)
- I keep a few copywriting hours spare each month to donate to non-profits and those in need.
- I wrote a book once. I hope to write many more.
- One of my big hairy audacious goals is to be a comedy writer. But if you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that my comedy is super crass. So I’m not sure how to make this happen without offending, oh, say... 87% of the human population. If you have any ideas on next steps, please let me know!
- I have lived and worked in Madrid (advertising), London (book publishing), Sydney (media sales), and Hawaii (online marketing).
- I’m happy writing in almost any format, as long as the subject matter aligns with my inner purpose: to help others live a better life.
It can get lonely on the digital nomad road sometimes, so I love meeting other creatives.
If you’d like to connect, you can:
Subscribe to get updates on my projects.
Track me down on Twitter (my best professional self) or Instagram (warning: crass humor ahead).
Or simply shoot me an email.