Need a little more context?
If you want to know a little more about me before you hand over your email address, that’s totally fair. Here’s a disorganized list of thoughts and things that may help you get to know me.
- Yes, that is my real surname.
- I’m a nomad. I have traveled 40 countries. I have lived/worked in five. And even though I now call Vancouver home, there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t think about hitting the road and going on another trip.
- I am an Australian, living in Canada, whose day job requires writing in American English. Apologies in advance if my spelling slips from time to time. And can North America just switch to the Metric System already? Fahrenheit and pounds will never make sense to me.
- My biggest life dream is to create projects that uplift and inspire the lives of millions of people around the world. It’s taken me 33 years to feel comfortable vocalizing that publicly, because: Insecurity! Fear of rejection! What if I fail?!
- I focus on exploring ways to travel smarter because travel is one of the few things I’m good at. And I use humor because I desperately want/need to poke fun at the torrent of bullshit life would have every one of us deal with on the daily.
- I am deeply cynical. I tried, for a long time, to not be. But it’s who I am at my core.
- I sometimes like piña coladas. But I hate getting caught in the rain.